We are currently seeking an experienced E&I Project Engineer in the Engineering Team at our Tasman Mill. Located in the sunny Eastern Bay of Plenty, the Tasman Mill produces for both the local and international markets. The role requires a dedicated and result-driven professional who ideally has electrical & instrumentation engineering experience working in a manufacturing or heavy process environment.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will support business stakeholders in optimisation and compliance of a broad range of Pulp Mill equipment, taking action where necessary to solve equipment integrity problems, development of mid/long term asset management strategies to improve reliability and extend asset lifecycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Complete a wide range of Electrical/Instrument/Process Control projects concluding all phases of the project from investigation, design, procurement, installation supervision and commissioning.
- Become familiar with most plants and processes at the mill in order to fault find and implement improvements.
- Ensure that a high level of safety and compliance is maintained by application of regulations, mill guidelines and legal requirements.
- Prepare financials for funding approval and control of project budgets.
- A tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- PLC and Distributed Control Systems
- Instrumentation and Process Measurement
- AC/DC systems from 12 V to 11 kV
- Variable Speed Drives
- Power Generation and site wide reticulation
- Hazardous Areas Zoning
- Electrostatic Precipitators and Environmental Emissions Monitoring Equipment
- Guarding systems
- Ability to apply theory to practical manufacturing applications
- Experience in a manufacturing/heavy process industry
- Strong Project Management & Planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
There are lots of benefits in joining the committed and experienced team at Tasman. In return for your skills and commitment, Oji Fibre Solutions offers a competitive salary package, enhanced superannuation, subsidised medical insurance, life and income protection insurance and a great working culture.
In accordance with Company policy, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical examination, drug test and criminal history check. Oji Fibre Solutions will meet these expenses.
If this position sounds like your type of challenge, then apply now submitting your letter of application and up to date CV.
Please follow the link attached to apply on line now:
Closing Date: Thursday, 31 December 2020
Oji Fibre Solutions