- Have a passion for high performance?
- Like solving complex problems?
- Want to work with the best people?
Our Services Engineering Team is passionate about empowering our Fergus engineers to create efficient, scalable and reliable applications for our customers and ensure that we have a fast, secure and stable platform for growth. In this role you will be part of this team, deploying, improving and maintaining highly available systems and services.
What you will do
- Improve on our internal alerting and analysis tools to enable faster problem detection and recovery.
- Support our teams with advanced troubleshooting analysis techniques for identifying issues.
- Develop end to end automated software delivery and configuration management mechanisms for our CI/CD pipeline
- Write code and apply engineering best practice and tools to automate operational tasks.
- Solve complex problems for critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Build and maintain tools that reduce workload and make it easier for other engineering teams to achieve a high standard of monitoring and logging
- 2+ years hands on experience as a Cloud DevOps Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer
- Strong experience with AWS services
- Good understanding of distributed networks and application high availability and load balancing
- An understanding of how to measure and analyse software systems.
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure and networking fundamentals.
- 5 years of analysis and programming experience in tooling and service integration
- Have solid ability to work with legacy code and any associated issues including diagnostic and fault finding knowledge.
- Fergus has a very team orientated, inclusive and collaborative culture and we are united in our goal of really making a difference to our customers.
- We are very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer competitive remuneration, professional development and are dog friendly.
Fergus is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer.