Across our Australia and New Zealand industrial teams we have more than 340 professionals who have more than 40 years of collective experience working in complex industrial environments. We work across a range of markets including, food & beverage, mining & metals, oil & gas, chemical production and pulp & paper delivering capital projects and helping our clients to optimise their businesses. Our clients within these sectors are well recognised local and international brands who are looking to make everyday better for their people, products and services.
Tauranga is the largest city in the Bay of Plenty and one of the fastest-growing population centres in the country. With a booming local economy, the region is popular with families and holidaymakers. Over 250 people from greater than 10 different professional disciplines work out of our Tauranga office, which has a depth of knowledge and exciting office culture that enables our people to play a huge role in the day to day life of people in 'the Bay'.
To be part of our growth we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our diverse and talented team working across a range of sectors, where innovation, sustainability and delivering the best for our clients is at the heart of every decision we make.
Every day will be different with new challenges, overall, you will have the opportunity to:
- Utilise your expertise in mechanical engineering design and design management, with a focus on general mechanical equipment, piping and process within the industrial sector
- Provide solutions and service to clients on-site, taking lead roles in project engineering and management as required
- Investigate and develop solutions to solve complex manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate abilities and passion for providing technical advice to team members, and embracing a culture that values teamwork
- Short to long term assignments at New Zealand and Asia Pacific industrial sites as part of engineering teams, working on projects through concept development, procurement & implementation
You are a degree qualified Senior Mechanical Engineer who has the ability to manage projects, project teams, budgets and contractors within the context of an industrial site environment. Experience in the pulp and paper industry is an advantage but not essential. You must be a proactive, self-starter who is adaptable enough to work across a number of different clients and industries with strong people and communications skills to build trust across multiple stakeholders.
What we offer
A career with Beca will provide you with:
- Professional development opportunities.
- A supportive and caring work environment where you can bring your whole self to work.
- Support with relocation and immigration to suitable applicants
- Flexible working arrangements to balance your personal / family commitments.
- Opportunities to learn from our industry experts and technical gurus across the Asia-Pacific.
- A highly supportive environment of sharing and collaboration.
- Excellent benefits provided to all staff - including discounted health insurance, discounts on gym memberships, and a huge number of social club events.
genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences.
Ready to make the move?
New Zealand has lots to offer whether you are looking for greenery, beaches or ski slopes we really do have options to suit all. Where ever you choose to live we have work options to suit.
If you want to make everyday better, apply online today on the link below. If you have any questions, call Autumn English - Talent Acquisition Business Partner on + 64 9 336 5954.
Beca is one of Asia Pacific's largest independent advisory, design and engineering consultancies. 2020 is a landmark year for Beca, representing both the dawn of a new decade and the beginning of our 2nd century. Throughout this year, we will celebrate our innovators, our thinkers, our explorers and our entrepreneurs; past, present and future.
We are a team of 3300-plus who brings a wide range of perspectives and expertise to every client and challenge, creating resourceful, smart solutions from our collective experience and insights.
While our experience has been 100 years in the making, it's the fresh talent we're nurturing, the innovative thinking we're developing and the connections that we're forging that gets us most excited for the future. .