At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Our Platform Engineering teams are looking for talented software developers to join us in Wellington. We need people to help us move forward and stay ahead of the curve. This is a fantastic opportunity to step up - we deal with billions of requests each day, and there are very few roles of this scale in New Zealand.
About the team:
Xero's Platform Engineering group is responsible for building and maintaining critical applications and services consumed throughout Xero globally. We write and maintain services central to keeping Xero online and scaling to millions of customers
We're a team that enjoys putting on a lot of different hats; our typical technical work is a mix of software development, architecture, and infrastructure as code. We've worked hard to make the process of delivering and supporting our code as frictionless as possible.
We pride ourselves on our emphasis on software performance and scalability, our desire to innovate and improve the way we work, and our commitment to writing quality software.
How you'll make an impact:
You'll help us scale to meet the demands of a million-plus global customers and you'll help decide on the tools and approaches we use. At Xero, continuous improvement is something we focus on each and every day. We're all about rapid release cycles, continuous integration and delivery.
Some of what you'll do:
- Develop robust, high quality software to meet the agreed specifications and in line with our development team standards and procedures.
- Assist product architects and product specialists with the design and prototyping of software. Your technical solutions and ideas will contribute to the team backlog and help drive the platform to service the needs of other product teams.
- Work with your team to build a culture of constant improvement and increased automation
- Maintain current knowledge of Microsoft, AWS and other development technologies used in the development of Xero's software applications.
- Mentor and train others in your team and encourage a collaborative workspace for your peers to excel
- Identify and promote opportunities to extend and enhance our solutions and Xero's development standards.
- Give and receive honest constructive feedback
- Most importantly, have fun on this journey
- We're looking for someone who has a passion for technology and continuous improvement, and enjoys a collaborative approach to software development. We also value someone who can share that knowledge and grow other people in the team.
- We'd love to talk to you if you have a mix of some of the core skills below. You don't need to know everything - having some of these areas of expertise is great and we can teach you the rest.
- C#, .NET, and software development best practices
- AWS or other cloud services
- Continuous integration and deployment practices
- Building and monitoring scalable platforms
- A passion to explore and use new technology/approaches to solve problems
- Working with Linux
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you're a great fit for this position.