Over our 20 year history, we have consistently innovated and pushed the boundaries of technology in the music industry and as a result, are a world leader in DJ and Music Production software.
Based in central Auckland, we are looking for a Research Engineer who will be working on new audio technology that challenges the current state of the art. Ideally, this will leverage your skills in both machine learning and audio digital signal processing to work on new problems and solutions on the field.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- 5+ years experience as a developer and relevant tertiary qualifications including optionally research led PhD in Physics, Computer Science or related discipline
- C++, MATLAB, Python and/or other relevant research focused languages
- Significant experience in Machine Learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to research complex new topics, devise prototypes and propose technical designs
- Understanding of troubleshooting techniques across a broad range of problems/domains
- Good design and analysis skills
- Coding optimization techniques
- Solid theoretical background in digital signal processing principals and implementation of audio algorithms, time and frequency based audio processing algorithms
- Good understanding of basic acoustic and audio principals
- Experience in signal processing techniques such as digital filter design (IIR, FIIR), adaptive filtering
- Experience in the development of time, filter, modulation and pitch-based software effects development
- Experience in the development of software synthesisers
- Knowledge in relevant tooling and infrastructure including build systems, version control, automation frameworks, static analysis tools, crash tools
Given the current world situation, for truly exceptional candidates, we will consider candidates who would initially be remote but with a commitment to relocating to New Zealand when the opportunity opens up.
You can see anonymous reviews (4.9/5.0 rating so far) from employees at