NZ, Palmerston North | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 10375
Are you interested in electricity, mechanics, and hydraulics and do you want to play an important part in keeping our wind turbines running? Do you want to contribute to the transition towards a world powered by renewable energy?
Working as a Service Technician at Vestas is your opportunity to leverage your electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic experience while being part of the global leader in sustainable energy solutions. In Vestas, we have installed more wind power than anyone else, and the maintenance and service activities you do every day will contribute to us maintaining the best possible quality vital for both our customers and the very planet.
We offer technical training programs to ensure that Vestas’ Service Technicians are some of the most technically accomplished people in the industry. We take elaborate measures to keep you safe – at Vestas, we operate by a safety-first principle and working safely is a condition of employment.
- In the service department, our focus is to provide our clients with high quality and best possible maintenance and operational service of their wind farm throughout New Zealand.
- Work location: Sites include Turitea WF, Tararua WF and Mahinerangi WF
- Working hours: 8 hours / day, approximately oncall once every 3-4 weeks on the weekend
- Travel days: approx. 50days/year
- Join us in fulfilling our vision of becoming the global leader in sustainable energy solutions
- Work to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met
- Carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas' specifications alongside both electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics component replacement and troubleshooting
- Ensure a smooth operation of our turbines and use of our systems within condition monitoring and remote control
- Maintain an efficient service vehicle and well-stocked warehouse by ordering materials, tools, and spare parts when needed
- Assemble components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary, making use of internal or external cranes
- Proactive contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- Electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic Trade accompanied by a passion to develop your skills further within these fields
- Good computer skills; experienced in handling different tools or systems to monitor work and documentation
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
- Valid driver's license
- A significant understanding of and commitment to the highest standard of health and safety in the work environment
- Ability to climb a wind turbine and perform tough physical work in heights as well as in various weather conditions
- Open to travel to other sites when required
- Enjoy working in teams and communicating with numerous stakeholders; you will work closely with others in the field but also connect with the wider business
- Solutions-oriented, independent, and well organized in your work
We offer the chance to join the global leader in sustainable energy solutions, with the training and development to match. Every day will be different, and you will get to work with some of the industry’s most highly skilled and experienced colleagues both locally and across the globe.
We recognise that as well as providing you with a challenging and varied work environment, we must also provide a rewards package to match. That is why, in addition to a competitive salary, working for Vestas comes hand-in-hand with an attractive benefits package.
If you’re passionate about our future and want to work for the world's leading wind energy solutions provider please apply. Please note our roles can be located across Australia. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date Please note all potential employees will be subject to undertake a full medical assessment to be considered for this role.
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at and following us on our social media channels.