We are looking for a Network Engineer with strong networking experience to join the team in Auckland. You will also be involved in platform and systems engineering and consulting. As an experienced consultant, you will work with the team and the Theta practices to deliver technical services to our customers.
In this role we expect you to be part of activities to provide continuous environment optimisation, as well as be an active part of the new projects' lifecycle.
You will be involved in the design, implementation and management of network and infrastructure cloud and hybrid environments. You'll design, develop and deliver secure technology solutions using industry best practices. You will also work with the sales team to provide technical pre-sales and post-sales support.
You will have at least 6 years of relevant experience, in the following areas:
- Working with IT enterprise environments including cloud platforms (Azure, O365, AWS and Cloudflare preferred)
- Experience in IT operational configuration, management and automation for always-up, always-available services
- Strong experience working with networking configuration management and tools for cloud platforms
- Experience implementing and operating secure cloud and hybrid environments
- Configuring and installing network devices, software and services (e.g., SDN, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Hands on experience of implementing MS Teams and VOIP telephony systems an advantage
- Implementation, operational management and support of Linux operating systems and platforms (e.g. Linux, Unix, OEL, Red Hat, SuSE)
- Strong skills with scripting - Perl, Bash, Python
- Experience in IT/IS consulting and presales
- Significant commercial and hands-on experience providing IT services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, a knack for problem solving and a passion for ensuring clients receive exceptional quality of service is a must.
We thrive on delivering excellence within a collaborative environment, where working hard and playing hard go hand-in-hand. Our exceptional people use cutting edge technology and innovation to achieve smarter solutions, together. With offices in Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington and Christchurch, we're making our mark across the length and breadth of New Zealand where the opportunities within Theta are endless!
Culture and Benefits
Theta offers a family friendly work environment with flexible work hours where practical; especially relevant for caregivers.
We embrace gender equality and are committed to providing a supportive, diverse and inclusive work environment throughout our workplace.
Theta is committed to giving back to the community and are avid supporters of Cure Kids. We compete in various adventure races and do many other things to raise money for Cure Kids. And we make time for the fun things in life!
We currently provide the following benefits to ensure your professional development and personal wellbeing:
- Professional growth and learning opportunities
- A competitive salary (commensurate with experience) plus KiwiSaver
- Fully subsidised medical insurance for employees
- Heavily discounted medical insurance for immediate family of employees
- Internal Referral Incentive
- Staff Assistance Programme
- Annual Flu injections
- Sick leave from your first day on board
- Remote working options where practical and mutually agreed
- Daily fresh fruit basket, coffee machine, wide selection of teas and biscuits in all of our offices.
Please note: Whilst we usually welcome overseas applicants, please be advised that due to the current circumstances as a result of COVID-19, we are only considering applicants who are currently residing in NZ
Please click on the APPLY NOW button if you have the right skills and experience.