- Closing date: 09/08/2020
Springload is Wellington's largest independently owned digital agency. We've been delivering exceptional digital experiences for more than 15 years.
Our culture is like no other in Wellington. We work hard but the atmosphere in the office is collaborative and friendly. There's always plenty of coffee brewing, as well as craft beer and healthy snacks in the fridge. We're no sweatshop - we like Springloaders to enjoy their work but go home on time.
Springload promotes a workplace that celebrates diversity, creativity, and talent. Our talent comes from all over the world and almost half of our 70+ staff are women.
We're a diverse, friendly, fun and inclusive workplace.
- We've got great clients, and a range of exciting projects like the Arts Festival.
- We're whanau friendly and want you to enjoy a great work - life balance.
- We care about the environment and support sustainability in code and practically.
What we can offer
- A competitive salary
- A wellness package
- Learning & growth - if you want to grow, we'll give you the opportunities you're looking for
- A beautiful workplace with lots of break-out areas to fuel your soul
- A team of highly talented teammates who strive to create world class experiences that make people's lives better
- The best city in New Zealand (and some say, the world) - Springload is based in Wellington, New Zealand.
We're looking for a pragmatic Senior Back-end Developer to bring their super powers to our development team.
Ideally we're looking for a senior practitioner, but we'll consider someone at an intermediate level who has the right attitude and skill set. What really counts is your willingness to learn - and teach! - communicate, and perform at a high level in an agency environment.
We primarily use Python with Django, or NodeJs on the back-end and React for front-end applications. While we don't expect you to be familiar with the exact frameworks you should know your way around a modern JS/TS framework or two. We expect you to be technically minded, interested in new technology and have a knack for spotting opportunities to improve our offering.
While formal qualifications are good, theyʻre not essential. We value proven experience, analytical thinking and great communication skills.
You'll be part of a large, well-rounded and supportive tech whānau that includes infrastructure, quality assurance, front-end, mobile and back-end practitioners. We work together to ensure that our solutions are scalable and your work gets deployed reliably and safely.
For this role you'll have:
- Significant scripting language/programming experience
- A demonstrable proficiency with programming fundamentals
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles and the ability to apply them
- Excellent understanding of Relational database management systems, version control systems (Git, SVN) and strong SQL skills (we use Postgresql, MySql)
- Excellent understanding of common internet protocols, standards, architectures and formats
- A good understanding of Unit and integration testing, sensing when to test
- Strong, well formed ideas about system architecture
- Youʻre dedicated to the principle of quality before quantity
- Excellent understanding of APIs and formats: REST, JSON, SOAP, XML
- Skilled working in *nix environments, *sh and sysadmin-like skills
- Great understanding of open standards-based formats like JSON
- A solid understanding and application of web programming security principles and concepts and their application
- An understanding of te ao Māori.
- NodeJs (TS)
- Ruby on Rails
- PHP (SilverStripe)
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Public Cloud experience with any of GCP, AZURE, AWS
- Experience with:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices
- Sending us the solution to this problem.