📅 CHR0007T Requisition #
📅 19 hours ago Post Date
Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts
The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Whilst our recruitment activity has slowed, we are always interested in connecting with talented people from diverse backgrounds to consider for future opportunities that may arise within our Financial Accounting Advisory Services team.
EY’s Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) work with our clients’ finance teams and wider areas to provide practical, hands-on support and solutions relating to the impact of new accounting standards, proposed transactions, finance function efficiency and effectiveness improvements and other regulatory changes.
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services practice continues to grow and we are always interested in speaking with talented individuals with backgrounds covering Financial Reporting, Technical accounting skills in IFRS and AASB knowledge and deep sector and regulatory knowledge to consider for future opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
Managers / Senior Managers in our FAAS team will:
- Plan, manage and participate in various engagements, including application of accounting standards, review of financial accounting processes and internal controls and implementing intelligent automation and / or data analytics solutions
- Understand client’s industry sectors and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
- Supervise junior staff and review work performed
- Work with other EY locations, service lines and specialists to deliver a fully integrated service offering
We are interested in learning more about you if you have experience in:
- Audit, accounting advisory or business experience in process improvement and / or assessment of design effectiveness of internal controls
- Enthusiasm and the ability to build strong client relationships and cross-service line networks
- Project management skills with a proven ability to execute under pressure
- The ability to work autonomously in an unstructured and ever-changing environment
- A CA or equivalent professional qualification
- Knowledge in accounting standards (IFRS and / or AASB standards)
- A natural thirst for knowledge and continuous learning and improvement
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via or +61 3 8650 7788.
If you have relevant experience as outlined above and you are interested in learning more about how we support our people to build exceptional careers, then we encourage you to express your interest by applying below.
You may not hear from us right away but we will review the information you share with us and consider you for any future positions that may be relevant.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
EY Careers site
Visit the to explore our culture, hear from our people and learn why an EY career is so valuable.