This is a great opportunity for a student of Earth Science, Geology, Physical Geography, and NZ Dip in Engineering or BE Civil, experience is not essential as on the job training will be provided.
The work is varied, meaning no two days are the same and will involve:
- Civil engineering field testing and investigation
- Geotechnical investigation, including soil logging
- Sampling of aggregate and soils
- Operation of soil testing equipment including the Nuclear Densometer, shear vanes, scales etc
- Concrete testing, including sampling and slump testing
- The opportunity to work both autonomously and within a team
- Four-wheel driving through a range of terrains
- Assisting in data management and the collating of results
- Liaising with clients and engineers
- A qualification in one of the disciplines listed above
- A full drivers licence and ability to operate a manual vehicle.
- The role also involves heavy lifting of machinery, so you will need to be physically fit
- A passion for being outside and in the field
- A reasonable grasp of the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy a sense of achievement from getting involved in a range of work, and thrive on the learning opportunity we can provide.
- A positive attitude towards working, with the ability to maintain a fun work/life balance
At Geotechnics we believe you should love your job and the environment you work in. Our teams are an outgoing, sporty bunch, who enjoy team events and activities. We offer a social club, family events, team competitions, a well-being allowance and a highly competitive nationwide weekly quiz. We have a great reputation within the market place through our belief in our core values of Care, Empowerment, Ingenuity, Integrity, Fun and Futurity. We are a specialist materials testing company, providing laboratory and field testing services to the civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineering industry with offices in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, Nelson and Christchurch.
We will begin to process applications before the job post-closing date, please apply ASAP if you are interested in the role.
Tonkin & Taylor