This is a leadership position in a truly international high-growth company, so we are looking for an energetic and positive individual who blends cutting-edge technical depth and experience working with SaaS solutions with great people skills. You will be leading the engineering practice for multiple agile squads of cross-functional experts in a positive and agile organisation that is experiencing rapid growth backed by a fantastic team of local and global investors.
You will be joining a global design & technology company of wonderful, talented and ambitious people. You will have the chance to work in the most beautiful and friendly part of the world while still working with the big global names in innovation and technology such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, and Youtube - just to name a few.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of software development experience, or 5 years with an advanced degree.
- 2 years proven experience leading at least two teams of 5+ developers (10+ total).
- Ability to communicate and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Master’s degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related fields.
- A keen eye and an appreciation and interest for product design, UX and detail.
- Champion and expert in testing automation on all levels
- Experience managing SaaS platforms in the Cloud, preferably using AWS and serverless.
- An interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed.
- Bonus: Experience with rendering and Cloud-based Render Farms as well as general DevOps practices.
- Lead the engineering practice in cross-functional agile squads of amazingly talented people. You will cover frontend, backend and DevOps.
- Work with the CTO, SVP Product and other member of the Product & Technology department to create a high-performance software development teams.
- Line-manage all aspects of a team on a daily basis and continue building the positive, inclusive culture that is at the core of Shuttlerock.
- Help hiring new talent across the globe
- Drive collaboration, planning and implementation forward on a daily basis.
- Happy to roll up your sleeves and jump into the code where needed.
- Mentor junior to senior engineers and run the Shuttlerock intern program.
- Code review and make constructive suggestions.
- Write technical documentation and do and facilitate lightning talks on new technologies relevant to our technology stack.
- Keep an open and healthy mind.
Founded in 2011, Shuttlerock makes digital ad production easy. Shuttlerock is the pre-eminent provider of beautiful ad creative with unrivalled speed and limitless scale, unlocking new potential in digital marketing. We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, Austin, Berlin, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo and Nelson, New Zealand. The core of our business has always been our people. As we scale our operations across the globe, our number one priority is to maintain the incredibly special culture. We pursue candidates that are resilient, self-motivated, and embrace change. Hand-on-heart, we know we have the best team on Earth; comprised of talented, kind, and hard-working, individuals from every corner of the globe.
Shuttlerock is working diligently to develop a diverse and inclusive team, because we believe that a great workplace is created by listening to our people and solving problems by looking through each unique lens. Shuttlerock doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
We require you to be legally allowed to work in New Zealand for this role. You will need to demonstrate a valid working visa, residency or citizenship.
- Work and life in Nelson, the sunniest region of New Zealand with amazing outdoor offerings and a vibrant technology scene
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic company culture and work-life balance
- Work in the future Silicon Valley of New Zealand