- Job type Contract
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 10 November 2020
- Ref # 32128944
- Scala, Python, Apache Spark & Airflow, Zeppelin & AWS
- Join a community of data engineers - plenty of learning opp.
- A challenging role that will look great on your CV!
As a Data Engineer you will create and maintain the data pipeline and associated analytics tools, insights and business performance metrics; you'll be responsible for building the infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data. You'll be working with the latest technology stack encompassing Scala, Python, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Zeppelin and AWS, improving access to data and data insights as well optimising huge datasets.
- Extensive Scala, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow and Zeppelin experience
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies: AWS
- Data warehouse technologies including Apache Airflow
- Used to dealing with large datasets
- Java and Python programming
- Excellent communication skills
This is a company that boasts rich diversity and inclusion, with this comes a range of experience and ambitions - and they are committed to providing its people with opportunities to match. Having gone through a successful full-scale Agile transformation, they’re still on the journey.
Working here, you’ll find a positive, enthusiastic workplace with plenty of challenges, inspiration and support.
This is an initial 6-month contract to start as soon as possible
REWARD - WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive annual - commensurate with experience
- Full flexible work from home policy - say good-bye to Monday to Friday in the office!
- Opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.